We all want the best for our children as parents, which means making sure they live a healthy lifestyle. Naturally, a healthy diet is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle, so it’s important to teach children from a young age how important it is to eat well.
We’re going to give you a few helpful hints for parents who want to encourage their kids to live healthier lives.
- Eat together as a family If you want to get your family started on a healthy path, the best way to do so is to gather everyone around the dinner table for a healthy meal.
In addition to providing a chance for parents to reinforce healthy eating messages, family dinners are also a chance for parents to catch up on everyone’s lives. Ask everyone to leave their electronics and toys at home so that the dinner table is free of distractions. Children will be able to listen to their bodies and focus on the flavors and flavors of their food while also being able to focus on the taste.
According to research, setting regular mealtimes helps the family form consistent eating routines and, in the end, helps cement healthier habits.
- Get your kids involved Involving them in the process of preparing and cooking meals not only keeps them busy but also serves as a great starting point for teaching them about the importance of eating well.
You could, for instance, enlist the assistance of your children in the creation of a weeklong meal plan that incorporates healthy ingredients. Make a shopping list with the help of your kids before you go to the store. To make the process more enjoyable, you can introduce games like drawing the food you plan to buy and asking your kids to guess it like Pictionary, or telling them what you want to cook and asking them to come up with a list of the ingredients.
You can also, of course, get your kids involved in the kitchen or go grocery shopping with you. Both of these activities give them a chance to learn about where produce comes from, how it is grown, and the benefits it offers.
- Maintain a supply of healthy snacks Everyone enjoys a snack, so choosing healthy snacks is essential. Healthy snacks should always be available in the refrigerator or cupboard.
Snacks can be made from any variety of vegetables and fruits. For smoothies, stock up on frozen fruit in your freezer, and if you’re on the go, have some dried fruit and nuts ready to take with you.
that your kids like. Your child will become accustomed to choosing healthier foods when they are on their own if you provide them with healthy snacks.
- Be mindful of portion sizes It’s great to prepare nutritious meals and snacks, but it’s just as important to make sure your kids eat the right amount. It is essential to pay attention to the size of the portions you serve because children require different portion sizes depending on their stage of growth and development.
In general, meals should consist primarily of vegetables, protein sources like meat, eggs, fish, lentils, or beans, and wholewheat pasta, brown rice, or potatoes (leave the skins on for more fiber). Plans like MyPlate in the United States, the EatWell Guide in the United Kingdom, and our very own Nutriplato initiative in Spain assist in illustrating the amount of food from each food group that should be consumed in total.
- Parents as role models Meals at home are great not only because they bring the family together, but also because they give parents a chance to put what they preach into practice. Kids pay heed to what their folks do, so guardians ought to show others how its done and guarantee that they eat as adjusted a feast as could be expected, with a lot of vegetables, grains and natural products.
Children require all assistance to adopt the healthy, well-balanced lifestyle they require to thrive.
Learn more about our flagship initiative, Nestlé for Healthier Kids, which aims to encourage future generations to move more and consume healthier foods and beverages. By 2030, the program hopes to assist 50 million children in leading healthier lives.